Our Primary Purpose
We’re here to inspire and prepare families for a lifestyle of rediscovering and reconnecting with the great outdoors and each other.
What We Do
At Outdoor Family HQ, we inspire families to do life together outdoors.
Whether equipping the aspiring camper with the knowledge to make that first trip or empowering families to make the most of their time together, we:
- Pass on what we’ve learned from our family’s adventures and experiences.
- Share the results of our research as we equip ourselves and plan for future adventures.
- Provide a hub of knowledge and guidance for families of all types and backgrounds to equip themselves to plan their own outdoor adventures.
Family and Company History
First and foremost, OFHQ is a family.
Joshua Davis and Heather Osborne, OFHQ founders, grew up loving the outdoors. Their families enjoyed frequent camping, hiking, traveling, and exploring the world around them and beyond.
Meeting for the first time in high school and beginning their lives as husband and wife while attending college in 2001, the two spent their time together camping, mountain biking, hiking, and traveling as often as possible.
With the birth of their two sons Luke (2009) and Jack (2016), they have continued pursuing their passion for exploring and discovering the outdoors as a family, creating memories that will last a lifetime.
Outdoor Family HQ was born in 2022 out of a love of family, the great outdoors, and over 20 years of real-world experiences.
- We believe family is not an important thing. It is everything.
- We believe that we were made to coexist with the natural world around us, enjoying, caring for, and learning from it.
- We believe that exploring, discovering, and appreciating the great outdoors brings out the best in individuals and their families.
- We believe that healthy families are the core of healthy communities and a healthy relationship with the natural world around us is essential for our identity as human beings.
Come join us!
Joshua & Heather Davis